For various reasons, emails that we send to our customers can get marked as SPAM and either not get delivered to the end-user, or be put in a “SPAM” folder and not be immediately visible.
We have made a number of efforts to limit this from happening, including:
- We are certified as a sender via https://returnpath.com/
- All our transactional emails come from a dedicated IP-address from SendGrid, (that we use as a sending partner for emails) that we send emails from in our service (i.e. not used by others who may be sending SPAM), with a reverse DNS set up to confirm authorization.
- We maintain a good reputation with external email providers (such as Google, Yahoo, Hotmail), that over time have learnt that we are a responsible sender of emails and we are for instance not currently blacklisted anywhere.
We have also ensured that the way we send emails is configured according to best practices which includes:
- We know exactly who is sending emails from the @andfrankly.com domain - and we have set up SPF records that identify who can send emails on our behalf. Currently the following services are allowed senders of emails from the andfrankly.com domain:
- Google (Google Workplace that we use for our individual/personal email accounts at &frankly)
- HubSpot (Used to send marketing emails to prospects and customers)
- SendGrid (All transactional emails sent by the &frankly service to our end-users)
- We have set up digital identity keys for all the above senders via DKIM, so that any service that receives emails from these senders can verify that the sender is who they claim to be.
- We have a DMARC policy set up that states that if any emails are not coming from a known sender from the above list, or cannot be verified with a valid key, the receiving email server should “quarantine” emails, and not deliver them to the end-user. Effectively, this means no one else should be able to send emails coming from andfrankly.com and if they do, the receiver should rightfully consider it as SPAM and not deliver it to the end-user directly. This means any emails that are being sent out from us should be delivered and not classified as SPAM.