Before you delete groups from your account, please remember that:
- If a group is deleted from the tool, its historical results will disappear.
- If the group that you delete has subgroups, these will not be removed. They will be placed in the group view as "orphans", meaning without a structure or top-group.
- If you accidentally delete a group, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to re-store it.
Remove or move sub-groups
If a sub-group is deleted, the results of the deleted group will be deleted as well, however, the main group in the hierarchy will retain its cumulative historical results.
If a schedule has been made to an entire hierarchy, and a subgroup is subsequently moved out of the hierarchy, the subgroup's own results will not be visible (this is because the group is no longer included by the schedule that was made to the hierarchy).
If you've moved a subgroup out of a hierarchy, you can put the group back into its original place in the hierarchy to make the result visible again.
It is possible to move the subgroup within a structure and retain the results from a survey, if the subgroup is still below the target group specified when scheduling the survey.
To remove a group as a subgroup follow below steps:
- Open the subgroup's main group
- Hover the mouse over the group name in the “Subgroups” section
- Click on the cross that appears to the right of the group's name